THE WAY YOU WANT THEM
There are many reasons why a woman will consider a breast augmentation or “boob job”, as it is commonly called. Most often, women simply want larger breasts (and the confidence that goes with them), mothers want to replace lost volume or a patient wants to correct the symmetry of her breasts. Dr Serrurier understands that each patient’s motivation for having a breast augmentation is different and, as such, that each person should be treated as an individual. Charles usually performs Breast Augmentation Surgery as day case surgery, which doesn’t require the patient to spend a night in hospital. Traditionally, breast augmentation is treated as a simple surgery, but as with any surgical procedure, there are many surgical considerations that should be taken into account before the patient goes under the knife.
- The size and shape of implant
- Whether they should be textured or smooth implants
- The placement of the implant and incision scar
Each possibility needs to be discussed with Dr Serrurier as your body shape, current breast shape and desired results all play a significant role in ensuring that you leave with the new breasts you’ve always wanted.
This means that Charles will welcome any questions you may have and discuss his recommendations for you, in order to ensure that you are completely comfortable with his approach.
Once in theatre Charles will:
- Make the incision
- Dissect a pocket either beneath the breast tissue or beneath the chest muscle (pectorals major muscle)
- Insert a sizer implant to ensure the desired results are achieved
- Remove the sizer implant and replace it with the permanent breast implant (Silicone or Saline)
- Close the incision
For more information on Breast Augmentation Surgery, contact Dr Serrurier’s rooms